Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fullmoon Midday

This album was really the first thing I ever recorded by myself, so I thought it would be a fitting (re)beginning to all this. It was recorded in 2003 at some point, though I don't remember the date. Actually its possible that it was in 2004. Anyway, it was recorded at Ben's house while I was house-sitting, I believe, and I used all of the equipment available there: Mike Fleming's digital 8-track, Ben's drums, Josh's synths, my bass, my 3-string acoustic guitar and even an old cell phone with ringtones that I made. I played, recorded and produced everything on the album. All of these are experiments that seemed to come out vastly different, but I think it works as a cohesive piece. Looking back on it there are obvious musical themes that were just beginning to be worked out back then; though this album is more obviously "musical" than the pieces I work on now there are still subtle hints in this of noise and drone that I was completely unaware of at the time. Hope you enjoy.

Fullmoon Midday
Photobucket



http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2mnfnxlz92a#

2 comments:

B.DavisCollins said...

This stuff is pretty awesome Travis. It is even better than I remember it being.

My Robot Can Dance said...

I don't know you but I randomly found this blog and I like the pictures. Did you take them? If so you are awesome. Have a good one.