Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HUBCAP CITY- #2

I saw this band opening for Cat Power at the Tabernacle in Atlanta years ago and after their short and explosivefantastic set they were handing out this ep to those of us in the front of the crowd... They ran out of them right before I was going to get mine, but the main guy Bill Taft pulled out a little notepad and started writing down addresses to mail out more cds to all the other people who wanted them. I could see how it would be difficult to capture the energy of this band on an album, but this is a decent homemade try. Let me just say, though, that the set-up live was one guy in a creepy old man mask and awkwardbig thrift store suit on guitar and a bearded young guy with a giant drum in front of him on the floor and a jangle-y tangle of metal around his right foot to gain additional percussive-kick. I just looked up and saw that they have a pretty up-to-date myspace page and still play shows... Go out and see them cause I know i'm going to try to! Enjoy the music and remember to support these guys with moneys!!!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





http://www.mediafire.com/?lzjk2mdmimk

No comments: